My tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday 20 November 2010

How did I end up here?

Since the age of about 11 my weight started to become a problem, I was steadily putting on weight every year at a rate of about 14lbs a year which is a lot for a kid! at 13 I weighed about 182lbs (13st) and by the time I was 18 I weighed 266lbs, once id became this size my cycles had almost stopped and were around 3/6 months apart, a older friend advised me to go to the Dr as this wasn't 'normal' so I did and it was then I was diagnosed with PCOS. My first reaction? ...honestly? me: ahh, whats that? Dr: an unbalance in your hormones, it means your put weight on easily and it will be harder to loose and you wont have regular cycles. Me: oh, not so bad then. Dr: No, I suppose so, but you may need help when you want to start a family. Me: OK not a problem at the moment I'm not even in a relationship.
That was it, I left there with no full explanation or any medications just a suggestion of weight loss, but as far as I was made to believe it wasn't really a big thing, it was common and help would be available if and when I needed it.

The weight thing got to me more than anything else but I did manage to loose some and at 20 I was around 210lbs (15st), Id had a couple of relationships but they ended badly.
I was 21 when I met Darren, It was online via an Internet chat room, he lived 400 miles from me but I wasn't looking for anything serious, after all Id just had my heart broken. I was looking for some friendly people to chat too, some fun and a bit of flirting. Darren and I would chat online to each other for ages and soon became friends, we swapped numbers but never called, the weeks went by and we lost touch.
After about 4 months I decided to go back into that same chat room to catch up with other friends id made, and there was Darren! Hello stranger! why didn't you call? I said, he'd 'lost his phone' yeah right, i thought, but we carried on talking and finally he phoned me, after that he would phone me everyday and talk right through the night, I sent him letters and photos of me, and asked him to do the same, he wrote me but wouldn't send a photo, so I started to wonder can this guy look so bad he's afraid to send a one?? I didn't care I was falling for him, without even seeing him!!!
Soon I booked a flight and decided I would have to go find out for myself what this guy looked like, and luckily I had nothing to worry about, I was happy and so was he, I stayed for a week and we got on really well. When it came to me going back home he didn't want me to go and it was quite painful to leave, but I couldn't just leave my home, job friends and family...?
Dec 5th 2001 my 22nd birthday came and I received presents and a card from Darren and also a CD he'd put together with all my favourite songs, hidden in the sleeve he'd written me a note asking me to make the day even more special by marrying him!! I was gobsmacked but it made me realise how much we were in love.
By December 27th 2001 I was on a train with all my belongings waving goodbye to my family, and on my way to Edinburgh to start a new life with Darren.

No comments:

Post a Comment